Heritage Hills Woodbridge Neighborhood Meeting – December 15, 2015
- 17 members attended the meeting (Meeting was announced over NextDoor and Yahoo Group. No notices sent out on paper.)
- Officer White spoke about homeless camp located next to Ambition Park– It appears to have been burned down within the past few weeks. One member reported that she has been seeing a new homeless camp next to the radio station. Officer White will investigate to see if the camp has migrated.
- Trash still a problem near Ambition Park on land between Connor Lane and Furness. Need to contact Ray McFarland (owner). It appears that someone is using the land as a dump for household items.
- Please note that it is extremely important to continue calling 911 for ALL suspicious persons or incidents. (311 should ONLY be used for code enforcement complaints and events that have already occurred and do not require immediate attention. For example, if you decide to report a car break in that occurred three days ago, then call 3-1-1.)
- Resources are allocated based on the call volume for a particular area. The more we call in, the more resources will be allocated for our neighborhood. (The City draws the borders for police— No calls=No resources!
- Restore Rundberg Update: Grant will end next year. It has lowered violent crime by 5% and fewer homeless are on the streets because of the various homeless services that have been engaged.
- Walking beats will still continue after grant ends.
- READ project- focused on schools and involving kids in this area.
- Officer White is happy to provide individual owners with security surveys. Please call or email during regular business hours to request. Officer White works Tuesday through Friday 9am to 7pm
- New code compliance officer: Monica Guzman.
- Residents encouraged to call or request to speak with Wal-Mart Manager regarding stray shopping carts in the neighborhood.
- Chelsea- Seeking volunteers for Rundberg area projects including health services.
Election of 2016 Officers
President: Chelsea Von Pasecky
Vice President: _______________
Secretary: Kim Foster
Past President: Benjamin Graham
Thank you Chelsea and Kim for running for office! We are looking for a Vice President and a Treasurer for 2016. Nominations will be taken at the first meeting of 2016. Dues will be $10.