Here are the preliminary meeting minutes. They have not yet been approved, so revisions may be made.
Heritage Hills-Woodbridge Neighborhood Meeting 6/30/2016
21 Neighbors Attended
- Many thanks to Chelsea Brass for serving our neighborhood for the past 6 months. On June 12th, Chelsea submitted her notice of resignation to the executive committee, and her resignation was accepted at the executive committee meeting on June 13, 2016. Courtney Graham was appointed as the interim president of the association until December 31, 2016. In addition, Carole Berry was appointed as vice president, and Eleni Salinas was appointed as treasurer. Kim Foster was elected secretary at the last meeting and Benjamin Graham will serve as the past president.
II. Treasurer’s Report – Eleni — (Please pay dues ($10) after the meeting.) $738.00 in the bank.
III. Crime Report (See Handouts with crime statistics)
A. Issue with APD not responding –
- The consensus is we need to keep calling to help with resource allocation.
- Many thanks to Kim Foster and Annette Grace for leading the initiative to help the kids walk to and from school.
B. Brainstorm ideas for vulnerable areas such as the park
- More presence may be helpful — making park more usable, more people walking their dogs and keeping an eye out, etc.
- Formation of a hybrid neighborhood watch
- Talk with city about mounting a camera on one of the light poles by the bridge.
C. Crime seems to have shifted and it appears that it is now on the Furness/Hermitage part of the neighborhood.
- Lights along Furness may help
- Find out who owns cemetery near the park to keep the trail to Gus Garcia clean
- Get help from Restore Rundberg. Anyone is welcome to attend the meetings/get the minutes from their website. The next Restore Rundberg meeting will be on July 28th, 2016.
- Steering Committee: Bylaws interpretation/Past Presidents Club. Will function to help guide incoming officers.
- Crime/Neighborhood Watch Committee – We need a liaison to communicate with police.
- Someone also needed to help with code enforcement.
V. Introduction of Neighbors
VI. Next Meeting
- We would like to coordinate the ice cream social to be on the same evening as the Austin Neighborhood Festival, which is a city-wide BBQ. The city will provide funds to build and paint miniature library cube in the park. Courtney sent an email to the coordinator and has not heard back.